Listen Up Health 2.0-ers!
Health 2.0′s Spring Fling is just 4 weeks away. Rates go up Wednesday, February 23rd at 5:00 PM PST. Don’t miss an incredible line-up of newly confirmed speakers, product launches, case studies, and pre-conference workshops, all in a beautiful setting in sunny San Diego.
Newly Confirmed Speakers
More speakers - more perspectives - more reasons to attend Health 2.0!
- Chalapathy Neti, Director & Global Leader, Healthcare Transformation, IBM Research will update us on patient-similarity algorithms and predictive modeling and how it affects platforms for coordination of care and payment incentives - and the steps that IBM is taking to turn Watson from a Jeopardy winner into a healthcare powerhouse.
- Carter Headrick, Director of State and Local Obesity Policy Initiatives, American Heart Association will be joining us to discuss how the one of the best known non-profits in America is taking a stand on wellness policy.
- Eric Langshur, Founder and Chairman, Rise Health returns to Health 2.0 to unveil his new venture’s efforts in practice transformation through extensions of care, patient triage and technology integration.
Health 2.0 Developer Challenges
The Health 2.0 Developer Challenge just wrapped up a whirlwind tour of the east coast to finish our first batch of 2011 live code-a-thons. In one short month we’ve taken our 8 hour coding sessions to Washington, D.C., Boston and San Francisco, and we couldn’t be happier with the amazing things we’ve seen blossom from these events!
Winners will also be announced for our ONLINE challenges by Howard Koh, Assistant Secretary for Health and Todd Park, Chief Technology Officer. Over 35 teams have signed up to compete in these challenges including Microsoft and Practice Fusion’s Analyze This, which asks teams to build tools using a deidentified EMR dataset; the American Heart Association’s Food Find challenge to pinpoint food deserts and drive better food decisions and Health and Human Services’s myHealthPeople Challenge asking for creative mash-ups, data visualizations and analytics of data at the state and community level.
Health 2.0 is known for bringing the best and newest technologies on stage for live demos, and this year will not disappoint! Check out some of the great products we have lined up:
- Traitwise - Chief architect and scientist, Zach Simpson, will show what Traitwise has been working on since their launch at our conference last October. You’ll see how they collect data to find unexpected correlations and patterns, and then see a fascinating visualization of their findings.
- MyHealthDIRECT - Co-founder and CEO, Jay Mason will demonstrate how the MyHealhDIRECT software allows real-time appointment search and scheduling to find the right care at the right time in the right place.
- SoloHealth- Founder & CEO, Bart Foster demos what is sure to be the largest product onstage this spring, the SoloHealth Station! Stationed in grocery stores and pharmacies, the station’s easy accessibility encourages consumers to screen vision, blood pressure, weight, BMI and matches users with local physicians as well as health and wellness recommendations.
Get warmed up for the conference with some of our great pre-conference activities lined up for the afternoon of the 21st:
- Tour the facilities at West Wireless Health Institute and take a look of some of the cutting-edge wireless health technologies that are being created.
- Join the tour group to the Kaiser Permanente Garfield Specialty Center to learn more about the innovative new facility and watch demonstrations of MyHealthManager, KP HealthConnect and the VA Health Information Exchange.
Take a field trip!
Interested in connecting with other companies to build business and technology collaborations? Then the Health 2.0 Accelerator meeting is the place to be!
Witness the live competition and judging of the top teams from Health 2.0′s code-a-thons that have occurred around the country.
Want to market your service or product at Health 2.0? Maximize your marketing reach & make a big splash in front of our prestigious audience! Only a few Sponsorship spots are still available and going fast! Click here for information about the various ways to get involved… Don’t wait till it’s too late!
We look forward to seeing you in San Diego!