Ready to Change Healthcare? Apply to Healthbox Boston by June 24th
Healthbox is seeking 10 promising startups to join our Boston accelerator this summer. We’re looking for entrepreneurs who are passionate about changing healthcare and who have developed innovative solutions to the industry’s most pressing problems. To apply, startups should fill out our online application by June 24th.
The Boston program builds on our successful inaugural class, which ran in Chicago earlier this year. During that program, the 10 companies evolved their business models, tested ideas, developed partnerships, closed new customer relationships and raised capital. Some of the inaugural companies’ included a portable hand-washing device to increase compliance and reduce hospital-acquired infections, a cloud-based system to identify patients at high risk of readmission and nationally accepted prepaid cards for pre-determined goods and services to increase member participation in preventative health initiatives.
This August, Healthbox and its strategic partners are very excited to bring this platform to Boston/Cambridge. Massachusetts’ world-renowned academic institutions, cutting-edge provider systems and strong investor community make it an ideal location for a healthcare accelerator to stimulate the ecosystem and support new ideas.
Teams selected to participate in the 12-week Boston program will gain access to:
· Seed Capital- $50,000 in capital to fund further development. Seed capital will be provided in exchange for 7% equity in the company
· Expert Network- direct access to a team of seasoned healthcare professionals with diverse industry and business expertise. Entrepreneurs meet with a broad group of experts at the onset of the program and receive guidance and mentorship from those who will add value to their growth
· Collaborative Workspace- an open, creative space with supporting infrastructure for entrepreneurs to work and seek inspiration. The workspace provides a community where teams can share ideas and make valuable connections
· Strategic Guidance- one-on-one strategy sessions with industry experts and the Healthbox team, and forums led by experts discussing relevant healthcare and business topics
· Investor Day- at the end of the three-month program, angel and venture investors from around the country and potential customers will be invited to an event where each entrepreneurial team will give their pitch. The day will also provide the opportunity for broader networking and learning from guest speakers
Healthbox is focused on finding companies that have the potential to grow – either new companies already in the market or entrepreneurs with creative solutions who need help formalizing their business models.
Applications are now open for the Boston program, but the deadline is just a few weeks away on June 24th! To apply online, visit the Healthbox website: www.healthboxaccelerator.com/apply
More Key Dates:
Application deadline: June 24, 2022
Program begins: August 13, 2022
Investor Day: November 8, 2022
For additional information and announcements about the program visit: www.healthboxaccelerator.com and follow the Twitter feed @health_box