Health 2.0-The Fall Conference is going to be great
Health 2.0 is announcing our (almost) final line-up for the 4th annual Health 2.0 Conference in San Francisco, October 7-8. Since we started the conference in 2007, Health 2.0 has become the leading showcase of cutting-edge technologies in health care, including Online Communities, Search and lightweight Tools for consumers to manage their health and connect to providers online. The conference is the climax of Health Innovation Week — a week highlighting innovation in health care information technology. We’ve been reviewing the cream of the crop of demos and new arrivals and just a few agenda highlights include:
- Keynotes from the Godfather of Web 2.0, Tim O’Reilly and America’s leading health futurist, Jeff Goldsmith.
- The introduction of Sharecare. Jeff Arnold, original founder of WebMD, has partnered with Dr. Oz, Discovery, Harpo, Sony and a host of content contributors to create the most anticipated online health offering in years.
- The wraps coming off Castlight Health. CEO Gio Collella has raised $80 million in venture capital and has ambitious aims to change the way we buy health care.
- The presentation for the winners of the Health 2.0 Developer Challenge from Federal CTO Aneesh Chopra and the CTO of HHS Todd Park.
- On October 6, a very special pre-conference event dedicated exclusively to the voice of patients and consumers, “Patients 2.0″ will feature presentations from leading, innovative patients.
- The conference will close with a special panel on the new rules for investors in Health 2.0,starring a blue ribbon panel of entrepreneurs and investors including Esther Dyson, Mitch Kapor (Lotus 1-2-3). Lisa Suennen (Psilos), Don Casey (West Wireless Health Institute) & Byran Roberts (Venrock)
There will also be special panels on the development of online communities, Health 2.0 for employers and hospitals, and the emerging “Data Utility Layer”—featuring Microsoft, Google Health, WebMD, Kaiser Permanente. We’ll have a live ongoing code-a-thon in a packed & buzzing exhibit hall and much, much more.
For more information, see the full agenda and don’t forget to register and reserve your hotel room at the Hilton. There’s nowhere else to be this October.